Thank you for taking an interest in working for Northamptonshire County Cricket Club.
Our current vacancies are listed below. Please continue to check our website for any future opportunities.
T20 MATCHDAY VOLUNTEERS
Role: T20 Matchday Volunteer
Dates required: 4th, 6th 19th, 27th July, 5th, 10th, 16th August.
Hours: 16:30 - 19:30 (Though you would be welcome to stay and watch the match FOC)
Can you spare a few hours on match day to help support your Club?
We're looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team of match day staff so why not get involved behind the scenes in match day operations by selling programmes, handing out freebies and acting as a friendly face for all our supporters.
If you would like to join our volunteer programme or simply want to know a bit more about what the role entails, please contact the Commercial Office on 01604 514455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ASSISTANT / ACADEMY STRENGTH & CONDITIONING COACH
Northamptonshire County Cricket Club has an exciting opportunity for a Strength & Conditioning Coach to join the Sport Science & Medicine Department.
Key responsibilities will include acting as the lead Strength & Conditioning Coach for the Club’s Academy and Emerging Players Program. Working alongside County Age Group coaches and the Science and Medicine team you will also develop a physical literacy pathway for emerging and academy players. Duties will also include assisting the Club’s Head of Strength & Conditioning with the professional players and also leading on match day support for home 2nd XI Fixtures and all Academy matches, where possible. In addition you will also assist the club’s medical department with relevant rehabilitation provision for 1st XI and Academy Players.
The successful candidate, as a minimum, will have a Sports Science or S&C degree or equivalent, UKSCA accreditation or ability to obtain this within 6 months and life support and safeguarding qualifications as well as an ability to work in high pressure situations, provide high quality S&C programs following a structured long term athlete development model.
As well as excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills, you will be competent in the use of Microsoft programs and systems. Currently working within the professional sporting environment and experience of working with elite level athletes would be an advantage.
The role includes regular travel during the cricket season as well as evening and weekend work so flexible working hours should be expected.
To apply for the above position please email a copy of your CV and a one page Covering Letter stating why you feel you are suited to the role to email@example.com
Closing date for applications will be 5.00pm on Sunday 19th May
Interviews will take place in the week commencing Monday 27th May
Please note only candidates selected for interview will be contacted
• Degree in the field of Sport Science or Strength & Conditioning
• UKSCA Accreditation or ability to obtain this within 6 months
• Basic life support qualification
• Recent and relevant experience within elite sport
• Confident in the delivery and planning of high quality S&C programs, including knowledge of LTAD
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Eligible to work in the UK with a Full UK Driving Licence
• Experience in planning and delivering progressive rehabilitation programs for injured athletes
• Excellent IT Skills
• Post Graduate qualification in Sport Science or S&C
• ISAK Level 1 Accreditation
• Experience of using GPS and knowledge of readiness to train protocols and workload management will be an advantage
• Advanced life support qualification
• Cricket specific knowledge including the unique physical demands of the sport
• Experience of working with youth athletes